书城外语出行英语会话想说就会说
25820200000002

第2章 在海关

了解海关手续

中西文化

到达一个国家一定要通关。许多国家的海关有两种通道:绿色通道和红色通道。如果你携带的物品超过免税范围或携带违禁物品,你就得走红色通道。如果你没有要申报的物品就可以走绿色通道直接通过。

典型对话

1.准备护照

A:Mr. Brown, you've traveled a lot. I'm told that the customs officer would check the passport at the immigration control, is it true?

A:布朗先生,你经常旅行。我听说海关官员在移民检查站会检查护照,是真的吗?

B:Yes. So get it ready at the place.

B:是的。所以你到那之前一定要准备好。

A:What about the visa?

A:签证呢?

B:Well, it's placed on your passport and they will check both of them.

B:签证就在护照上,他们会两样一起检查。

A:I see.

A:我明白了。

2.检查个人携带品

A:Do they have restrictions on the articles which we're carrying at the customs?

A:海关对个人携带品有限制吗?

B:Of course. The customs officer will check if you are carrying any contraband. Sometimes, you are asked to declare things. Also, they will make a record of your foreign currencies and so on.

B:当然。海关官员会检查你有没有携带违禁物品。有时候,会要你申报物品。另外,会记录你携带的外汇数目等等。

A:Are all my belongings subject to duty?

A:我所有的东西都要交税吗?

B:Oh, no. Your personal belongings are off duty.

B:不是。你的个人物品不交税。

3.陈述旅行目的

A:Is it true that we'll have to state the purpose if going to a certain country?

A:去一个国家时得陈述旅行目的,是真的吗?

B:That's right. People go abroad for different purposes. Some people go for working, some for business, some for leisure, and some for others.

B:是的。人们出国有各种目的。有的人出国工作,有的人是为公务,有的人是为消遣,还有的人是为其他目的。

A:I'm going to America for sightseeing. What shall I say if they ask me?

A:我要去美国观光。假如他们问我应该怎么回答?

B:Just say “sightseeing”. That's enough.

B:就说是 “观光”。那样就够了。

4.交 机 场 税

A:Excuse me, sir.

A:对不起,先生。

B:Yes, how can I help you?

B:是的。有什么可以效劳?

A:Is this where I pay the airport tax?

A:我是不是在这里交机场税?

B:Yes, just as the sign says. How many?

B:是的。就是这牌子上说的。几个?

A:I'm sorry. I've never done this before. What?

A:对不起。我以前从来没交过。几个什么?

B:How many people are you paying the tax for?

B:你要交几个人的机场税?

A:My boyfriend and me.

A:我男朋友和我的。

B:24 dollars for each person. So you should pay me 48 dollars.

B:每个人24美元。你得给我48美元。

A:OK. Here are 50 dollars.

A:好的。这是50美元。

B:And here are two receipts and your change.

B:这是两张收据和找你的零钱。

A:Thanks. Now, what should I do next?

A:谢谢。我下一步要做什么?

B:Just give the receipts to the lady at the door to immigration.

B:只要把收据交给移民局检查站门口的小姐就好了。

A:Oh,thank you.

A:噢,谢谢。

Applying for a Visa申请签证

中西文化

(1)绝大多数国家的海关人员一般都很友好,只要按照他们国家的法律办事,是不会遇到什么麻烦的。

(2)所有国家都相应规定了各自禁止带入境内的物品,因此务必遵从。

(3)水果、植物种子和动物等,一般国家都禁止携带入境,主要是出于检疫方面的考虑。

(4)麻醉品、毒品、武器、弹药等,都是各国严禁携带入境的物品。

(5)对于一些特殊情况如参加运动会,国际合作项目,展览会等需要携带违禁品入境的,则要有相关的证明材料。

(6)有的国家对黄金饰品控制得很严格,黄金饰品不得携带入境,而应暂时由海关保管存关,在其离境时,再交还给持有者。不少国家对高级礼品也要征税。

(7)宜将护照复印留存,万一原件丢失,则可凭复印件在驻外使、领馆派上用场。

(8)机票也要复印保存,一旦机票丢失,可凭复印件办理登机手续或通关。虽然当时还要支付机票款,但是回国后,可向原购票单位申请补偿。

(9)若将护照、机票等证件包括复印件全部丢失,应立即到当地警察局报案。一则有可能找回原物,二则可取得一份遗失证明,以备后用。

典型对话

1.出国读博

A:Why do you want to go to U.K.?

A:你为什么要去英国?

B:I want to study for a doctorate.

B:我要去攻读博士学位。

A:How long do you intend to stay in U.K.?

A:你打算在英国呆多久?

B:About two years.

B:大约两年。

A:Does your scholarship cover the whole two years?

A:整个两年你都有奖学金吗?

B:Yes, it does.

B:是的,都有。

A:Where will you live?

A:你将住在哪儿?

B:I hope to live on the university campus. I have a letter here from my professor about accommodation.

B:我希望住在学校内。我的老师就住宿问题给我写了一封信。

A:May I have a look?

A:可以让我看看吗?

B:OK. Here you are.

B:好的,给您。

A:Is your family going with you?

A:你的家属是不是跟你一起去?

B:Oh, no, I am going alone.

B:哦,不,只有我一个人去。

2.陈 述 回 国 理 由

A:Give me your TOEFL and GRE score.

A:请出示你的 TOEFL和 GRE 成绩。

B:Here you are. This is my tran.

B:给你,这是成绩单。

A:What will you study in the US?

A:你要到美国学什么?

B:My major is Electrical Engineering.

B:我的专业是电机工程。

A:Will you come back after you get your degree?Give me three reasons that you will come back.

A:你获得学位后会回国吗?说一下你回国的三个理由。

B:Three reasons?OK, first, you know, I can have more chances to earn money if I come back.

B:三个理由?好,第一,我回来有更多赚钱的机会。

A:Then?

A:还有呢?

B:Second, I can also have chances to do some research. If I fail in business matter, I could go back to my university, I mean, Tsinghua University and do some research in my major. In addition, my parents all live in China, and they do not have any chance to go to US, since they know nothing about English. I must come back and take care of them. You know, they do not have good health.

B:第二,我有更多机会做研究。如果我做生意失败了,我可以回大学,我的母校是清华大学,我可以在我的专业领域做更深入的研究。而且,我父母都在中国,他们没有机会去美国,他们也不懂英语,我必须回来照顾他们。他们的身体不好。

3.签证面试

A:Can you explain why so many Chinese students do not come back?

A:你能解释一下为什么那么多中国学生都没有回国吗?

B:I think the most important reason is that in US, the material world is so attractive and some of them can not resist the temptation.

B:我想,主要原因是在美国,物质世界对某些人来说有巨大的吸引力,他们不能抵御这种诱惑。

A:Can you promise that you will not be attracted?

A:你能保证你不被吸引吗?

B:Yes, I am sure that I will not be attracted.

B:是的,我确信我不会被吸引。

A:Do you feel that you are trapped in a logic loop?You said you came back to earn money and you said you would not be attracted by good living conditions?You understand?

A:你知道你陷进了一个逻辑陷阱里了吗?你说你回来为了挣钱,又说不被好的生活条件所吸引。 你明白吗?

B:Yes, I understand. You know the reason is quite simple. You know, in the US, I am always a foreigner. I would have no chance to step into the first class. I do not like to be a foreigner. In fact I do not want to earn too much money. I only want to get the respect by society. In China I will have dignified identification and social status. I am an honest person, but a little vain. In China, I will get what I want easily, but in the US I will be a foreigner who no one knows and for whom no one has concerns.

B:我明白,这个问题很简单。在美国,我永远是一个外国人,没有机会跻身于上流社会,我不喜欢成为一个外国人。事实上,我不想挣很多的钱。我只是想得到社会的尊重。在中国我会身份显赫,有很高的社会地位。我是一个诚实但是有点虚荣的人。在中国我会轻而易举地得到想要的东西,而在美国,我是一个外国人,无人知晓,无人关注。

4.出国读书

A:How many schools have you applied for?

A:你申请了多少学校?

B:I have applied for four universities, and I have been admitted by all of them, I finally decided to go to Cornell University.

B:我申请了4所学校,全都被录取了。但最后我决定去康奈尔大学。

A:Why?

A:为什么?

B:Because I believe Cornell University has one of the finest Computer Science Departments in the world. They have a larger department, and a stronger faculty...

B:我相信康奈尔大学有世界上最好的计算机系,系很大,师资力量很强……

A:What's your major in computer science?

A:你计算机的专攻方向是什么?

B:Software System...

B:软件系统……

A:What will you do after graduation?

A:你毕业后想做什么?

B:Open a computer company of my own, a software company.

B:开一个自己的计算机软件公司。

A:In the states?

A:在美国吗?

B:No. In China. I dream that one day I will be Bill Gates of China.

B:不,在中国,我希望有一天成为中国的比尔·盖茨。

A:Good young man, I wish you success.

A:年轻人,祝你成功。

5.出国探亲(1)

A:What will you do in the United States?

A:你要去美国做什么呢?

B:I would like to go to the US to visit my son and go sightseeing.

B:我想去美国看望我的儿子并且观光。

A:What is your son doing there?

A:你儿子现在在美国干什么?

B:My son is pursuing his Doctorate at Michigan University.

B:他在密歇根大学攻读博士学位。

A:OK. Then give me some reasons that you will come back.

A:好的。你能告诉我几个你一定能回国的理由吗?

B:First, my son is busy with his study. I do not mean to affect his study and take too much of his time. Second, my son is not married, and I have no place to live at if we keep staying in the US for long time.

B:首先,我的儿子忙于他的学业,我不想影响他的学习,也不想浪费他的时间。第二,我的儿子还没有结婚,我在美国没有长期居留的地方。

A:Any other reason?

A:还有其他的原因吗?

B:Our other children are in Beijing now. My daughter Mrs. Liu Hong works at Beijing. I have a granddaughter of 3 years old. I always take care of her.

B:我们的其他孩子现在都在北京,我的女儿刘红在北京工作。我还有一个3岁的外孙女需要我的照顾。

A:OK. Please go to Window 3.

A:好吧。请到3号窗口。

6.出国探亲(2)

A:Dear visa officer, I would like to apply for a visa to visit my husband.

A:尊敬的签证官,我想申请去看望我的丈夫。

B:What is your husband doing in the US?

B:你丈夫现在在美国做什么?

A:He is studying at Duke University to pursue Doctorate.

A:他在美国杜克大学攻读博士学位。

B:Does he have any scholarship or other financial aid?

B:他在那里有奖学金或者其他经济资助吗?

A:Yeah. He receives fund from the school in the amount of about USD 19,600 per year.

A:学校每年给他大约19600美元的奖学金。

B:What do you do?

B:你的工作是什么?

A:I hold a position as a senior engineer at the water industrial institute. I am responsible for research in the area of drainage projects and water pollution cau

sed by industrial waste. I have been involved with some key state projects under government grant.

A:我是一家工业用水研究所的高级工程师。主要研究排水项目和工业废水的治理。我参加了许多政府发起的国家重点科研项目。

7.出国参加毕业典礼

A:I would like to apply for B2 visa to the US to take part in my nephew's graduation ceremony and go sightseeing.

A:我想申请 B2签证去美国参加我外甥的毕业典礼并旅游观光。

B:Why not his mother?

B:为什么他的母亲不去?

A:We should have gone there together. But unfortunately, my elder sister was refused to give a visa. My nephew visited my family frequently when he stud ied in Beijing. I like him very much. He is an excellent student, and he gets along with my families very well. So this time he invited me to attend his graduation ceremony.

A:我们本来应该一起去的。可是不幸的是,我的姐姐被拒签了。我的外甥在北京上学时,经常来我家。我非常喜欢他。他是一个出色的学生,同我家相处很好。所以这次他邀请我去参加他的毕业典礼。

B:Will he pay the trip for you?

B:他帮你付旅费吗?

A:I have enough fund to cover the expenses of the trip. I have bank deposits of more than 150,000 include RMB and USD. I have stocks valued about RM

B 100,000. My nephew need not pay for my expenses though he wants to.

A:我有足够的资金来支付全部费用。我有银行存款约15万元,包括人民币和美元。我拥有股票,市值大约10万人民币。我外甥不需要提供给我费用,尽管他想这样。

B:Will you go back?

B:你还会回来吗?

A:Of course. I am 65 years old and have a happy family in Beijing. I have no other relatives in the US. My nephew has no family in the US. How could I even think of staying there for a long time?

A:当然会回来。我今年65 岁了,在北京有个幸福的家庭。我在美国没有其他的亲戚。我外甥在美国没成家。我怎么可能长期呆在那儿呢?

B:OK.I can give you the visa.

B:好吧。我可以给你签证了。

8.因公出国

A:What will you do in the US?

A:你要去美国做什么呢?

B:We signed a contract with American Brookhaven Inc. on September12, 2009 stipulating that we export 900 pieces of furniture to the American Company. We have entrusted× × × Trading Corporation to export 500 pieces of products to the American side. Now the American Company complained about the quality of the products and asked us to send a technician to the US to re check the furniture and solve the problem. We cherish the reputation and if it is true we may compensate the lost of American side. If not for this business, I wouldn't go to the US since I am always busy with business here.

B:我们于 2009年 9 月 12 日同美国 Brookhaven公司签订了合同,出口 900件家具到美国。我们委托 × × ×贸易公司出口 500 件运到了美国。现在美国公司抱怨产品质量问题,要求我们派技术人员检验产品并解决问题,我们非常珍惜信誉,如果情况是真的,我们将赔偿美方的损失。如果不是为了生意,我不会去美国,因为这里还有许多业务需要我来办理。

A:How to contact with Brookhaven Inc.?

A:你知道怎么和 Brookhaven公司联系吗?

B:A minute. Let me check. Oh, Tel: 8754123697 and Fax: 8754123696.

B:您等一下。让我查一下。哦,电话是8754123697,传真是8754123696。

9.回国理由

A:Tell me some reasons that you will come back after solving this problem in the US.

A:下面你给我几个在美国解决了这个问题之后会回国的理由。

B:I have got a high income. I have annual income of RMB20,000, plus my stock dividends in the factory, I earn about RMB 50,000 annually. I have my own be

autiful house with a construction area of 200 square meters.

B:我的收入很高。年薪 2 万元,加上厂里股份的分红,每年能挣5万元。我有一所建筑面积200多平方米的漂亮的房子。

A:Any other reason?

A:还有其他的原因吗?

B:I have a happy family in China. My wife, son and two daughters are all in China now. I have no relatives in the US. Though I am a peasant, I earn money easily. I have social status, happy family and I have everything in China. Why would I abandon my comfortable life here?

B:我有个幸福的家庭。我的妻子、儿子还有两个女儿都在中国。我在美国没有亲戚。尽管我是个农民,我挣钱很容易。我有社会地位,有幸福家庭,在中国有一切的一切。我怎么会放弃这儿舒适的生活呢?

A:I think you have given me good answers this morning.

A:我认为你今天上午的回答很令人满意。

B:Thank you very much.

B:非常感谢。

Receiving Passport and Visa Check检查护照和签证检查

中西文化

护照是鉴定其持有人作为一国公民的旅行证件。一般来说,政府签发三种护照: (1)外交护照,发给出国执行政府重要任务者; (2)公务护照,发给其他政府职员; (3)普通护照,发给因私出国旅行者。

典型对话

1.检查护照

A:May I see you passport, please?

A:可以看一下你的护照吗?

B:Of course. Here you are.

B:当然。给你。

A:How long will you stay in New York?

A:你要在纽约呆多久?

B:For about 10 days.

B:大概10天左右。

2.出示护照(1)

A:Next, please. Passport, please.

A:下一位!请出示护照。

B:Here you are.

B:给您。

A:Is this your final destination? What's the purpose of your visit?

A:这是你的目的地吗? 你旅行的目的是什么?

B:Yes, it is. We are here for business visiting.

B:是的,是目的地。我们来这里商务旅行。

3.出示护照(2)

A:Your passport, please.

A:请出示您的护照。

B:This one.

B:这个。

A:How long are you going to stay here?

A:您在此逗留多长时间?

B:Two weeks.

B:两个星期。

A:Where are you going to stay?

A:您此期间在哪里落脚?

B:The Hilton Hotel in Paris.

B:巴黎的希尔顿酒店。

A:What will you do here?

A:您此行的目的是什么?

B:For Business.

B:商务旅行。

A:OK, you're through now.

A:好了,您可以通过了。

4.归还护照

A:Where and how long are you going to stay in Beijing?

A:你们要在北京逗留多久,住哪儿?

B:About half a month. We'll be staying at the Friendship Hotel for three days, and then move to Nanjing Mansion where our company has an office.

B:大约半个月。我们先住在友谊宾馆三天。然后搬到南京大厦去住,我们公司在那里有办事处。

A:OK. Here are your passports.

A:好了。这是你们的护照。

5.寻找检查护照处

A:Where is the Passport Control?

A:验护照处在哪儿?

B:Over there.

B:那边。

C:Let me see your passport and visa please.

C:请让我看看您的护照和签证。

A:Certainly. Here you are.

A:当然,这就是。

C:What's your nationality?

C:您的国籍是什么?

A:The People's Republic of China.

A:中华人民共和国。

C:How long are you going to stay here?

C:您要停留多久?

A:I am staying for about one week.

A:我要停留大概一周。

C:What is the purpose of your visit?

C:您来访的目的是什么?

A:I've come for sightseeing.

A:我是来观光旅游的。

C:Where are you going to stay in New York?

C:您在纽约要住在哪里?

A:I am planning to stay at the Loyal Hotel.

A:我计划住在皇家饭店。

6.询问出国目的(1)

A:Would you mind telling me the purpose of your visit to the U.K.?

A:请告诉我你到英国来的目的,好吗?

B:I am here to study at a university.

B:我是到大学读书的。

A:May I see your passport?

A:我可以看看你的护照吗?

B:Of course, here you are.

B:当然可以,请看。

7. 询问出国目的(2)

A:May I see your passport, please?

A:请把你的护照让我看一下。

B:OK. Here it is.

B:好的。在这里。

A:Are you traveling for business or plea sure?

A:你这趟是商务还是旅游?

B:I'm going to visit some relatives here for several months.

B:我要在这里住几个月,拜访一些亲戚。

A:Do you have anything to declare, Jewelry or cash?

A:你有没有要申报的物品,珠宝或现金?

B:The only things I brought were some clothes and my notebook computer.

B:我所携带的东西只是一些衣物和我的笔记本电脑。

A:Did you bring any fruits, vegetables, fresh meats or plants into this country?

A:你有没有携带任何水果、蔬菜、鲜肉和植物进本国?

B:No, I did not.

B:不,我没有。

8.办理所有海关手续

A:May I see your passport and your customs and health declaration forms, please?

A:请出示护照、海关申请表和体检表好吗?

B:Yes, here you are.

B:好的。在这里。

A:Thank you. You are here on business, sir?

A:谢谢。我想您是因公到这儿来的吧?

B:Yes, I have been invited by the Royal Electronic Development Co, Ltd.

B:是的,是皇家电子发展有限公司邀请我来的。

A:How long do you plan to stay here?

A:你打算在这儿呆多久?

B:About two weeks.

B:大概两个星期。

A:Is this all your baggage?

A:这是你全部的行李吗?

B:Yes, it is all here.

B:是的,都在这儿了。

A:Do you have anything to declare?

A:有东西要申报纳税吗?

B:No.

B:没有。

A:Ok, here is your passport and your customs declaration. I will keep your health declaration.

A:行了,这是你的护照和海关申请表。你的体检表我得留下。

9.询 问 出 国行 程 (1)

A:May I see your passport, please?

A:麻烦请给我你的护照。

B:Here is my passport.

B:这是我的护照。

A:Where are you staying?

A:你将在哪儿住宿?

B:I will stay at Boston Hotel.

B:我将住在波士顿饭店。

A:What's the purpose of your visit?

A:旅行的目的为何?

B:Sightseeing.

B:观光。

A:Do you have a return ticket to Beijing?

A:你是否有回北京的回程机票?

B:Yes, here it is.

B:有的,这就是回程机票。

A:How long will you be staying in the United States?

A:预计在美国停留多久?

B:Ten days.

B:10天。

10.询问出国行程 (2)

A:May I have your passport and declaration card, please?

A:请出示您的护照和报关卡。

B:Here you are.

B:给你。

A:OK. Please bring your luggage here for inspection.

A:好了。请把您的行李拿到这里来检查。

B:No problem.

B:没问题。

A:And what's the purpose of your visit?

A:您这次旅行的目的是什么?

B:It's for pleasure.

B:为了娱乐。

A:How long will you stay in London?

A:您打算在伦敦呆多久?

B:About two weeks. I'll be leaving on July 1st.

B:大概两周。我将在七月一日离开。

A:I hope you have a good stay here.

A:祝您在这儿过得愉快。

B:Thank you.

B:谢谢。

Declaring Things物品申报

中西文化

海关官员检查所有来本国的旅行者的行李。所有国外要求申报的物品必须申报。也就是说,它们必须被认定且须向官员申报价值。如果你的某项物品没有申报或少报价值,那么你有可能被罚款。

典型对话

1.申报手表和衣服

A:Do you have anything to declare?

A:有什么要申报吗?

B:Yes, I bought a watch, which costs 38 dollars and a new suit, 50 dollars.

B:是的, 我买了一块手表,价格是38美元,还有一套西服,价格50美元。

A:You are allowed 100 dollars duty free, so you don't have to pay any duty on your watch and suit.

A:我们允许携带100美元以下的免税品,你不用为你的表和衣服上税。

B:Thank you, sir.

B:谢谢,先生。

2.购买免税物品

A:Here is my passport and the entry card.

A:这是我的护照和入境卡。

B:Thank you. Have you had anything to declare?

B:谢谢。有什么要申报的?

A:Yes, I have a personal computer.

A:是的。我带了一台个人电脑。

B:Please fill in this form. The personal computer is considered one of your two duty free items.

B:请填一下表格。这台个人电脑是两件免税物品中的一件。

A:I see. Excuse me, sir. I'm also entitled to buy a duty free car. What shall I do at the customs here?

A:我知道了。对不起,先生。按规定我可以买一台免税车。我在海关要办什么手续?

B:Have you got any US dollars? Is it in cash or in check?

B:你带美元了吗?是现金还是支票?

A:Cash.

A:现金。

B:All right. Put the amount of your US dollars down on the form. When you get home, go to Beijing Customs Building and they'll tell you what you should do for your car.

B:好。现在把您带的现金数目写到表格上。到家后,您到北京海关大楼去,他们会告诉你怎么办买车的手续。

3.为相机上税(1)

A:I've got a personal computer and a camera.

A:我有一台电脑和一台相机。

B:Are they for personal use or for business?

B:是自己用还是公家用?

A:The personal computer is a present for my wife. But the camera is for business.

A:这台个人电脑是给我太太的礼物。这台相机是公家用。

B:I'm afraid the camera belongs to the category requiring customs duties.

B:恐怕相机属于上税物品。

A:How much should I pay for it?

A:我要付多少钱?

B:What brand is the camera?

B:照相机是什么牌子?

A:Sony.

A:索尼。

B:Well, I'm afraid you have to pay 1000 yuan.

B:好,恐怕你得付1000元。

A:Oh my God! Such a lot of money! Anyway, I will pay for it.

A:噢,天哪!那么多钱!不管怎样,我会付钱的。

4.为相机上税(2)

A:You have to pay for the camera.

A:你得给这台相机上税。

B:No, please don't. This is my personal use.

B:请不要这样。这是给我自己用的。

A:You've a lot of gifts. You have to pay for the camera.

A:你买了这么多礼物。这台相机你得交税。

B:Almost all are for my friends in China.

B:这些几乎都是买给我中国朋友的。

5.烟酒免税

A:Do you have anything else?

A:你有别的东西吗?

B:No, except a bottle of XO and a carton of cigarettes. Do I have to pay duty on the liquid and cigarettes?

B:是的,除了一瓶XO和一条香烟。我得给烟和酒上税吗?

A:No, the law permits you to bring in two bottles of wine or liquid and a carton of cigarettes duty free, if they are purchased in the duty free shop.

A:不用。假如烟和酒是在免税店买的,法律允许你带进去两瓶酒和一条烟。

B:Thank you very much.

B:非常感谢。

6.没有东西要申报

A:Anything to declare?

A:您有什么要申报的吗?

B:No, nothing.

B:不,没有。

A:What's this? Open this box, please.

A:这个是什么?请打开这个盒子。

B:Souvenir for my wife.

B:给我妻子的纪念品。

A:Is liquor or cigarette here?

A:里面有酒和香烟吗?

B:One bottle of whisky and one carton of cigarettes. Is it taxable?

B:有一瓶威士忌和一条香烟。需要缴税吗?

A:No. It's OK.

A:不,不用缴税。

7.药品申报

A:Would you please open the suitcase? What are these?

A:请把箱子打开。这是什么?

B:They are Chinese medicine. Some pills only.

B:中药。只是一些药丸。

A:Are they gifts for friends?

A:是给朋友的礼物吗?

B:Oh, no. They are for my own use.

B:哦,不,是自己用的。

A:Could you tell me the ingredients?

A:你能告诉我药丸的成分吗?

B:They are made of herbs.

B:他们是草药做的。

8.检查行李

A:Please put your luggage on the table.

A:请把您的行李放在桌上。

B:Here is all my luggage.

B:这些是我所有的行李。

A:How many pieces of luggage do you have?

A:您有几件行李?

B:Three pieces.

B:三件。

A:Do you have anything to declare?

A:您有东西要申报吗?

B:No, I don't.

B:没有。

A:Do you have any dutiable articles?

A:您有任何要交税的东西吗?

B:No I don't.

B:不,我没有。

A:What's in this box?

A:这个盒子里是什么?

B:This is a Chinese toy car. It's a gift for the son of a friend.

B:这是一个中国制造的玩具车,是给我朋友儿子的礼物。

A:What is this?

A:这是什么?

B:This is a computer for my own use.

B:这是我自己用的电脑。

9.为酒上税

A:Your passport and declaration card, please.

A:请出示护照和申报单。

B:Here you are.

B:给您。

A:Do you have anything to declare?

A:是否有东西需要申报?

B:No, I don't.

B:没有。

A:Please open this bag. What are these?

A:请打开这个袋子。这些东西是做何用?

B:These are for my personal use. These are gifts for my friends. This is a souvenir that I'm taking to Shanghai. The camera is for my personal use.

B:这些是我私人使用的东西。这些是给朋友的礼物。这是我要带去上海的当地纪念品。这个相机是我私人使用的。

A:Do you have any liquor or cigarettes?

A:你有携带任何酒类或香烟吗?

B:Yes, I have two bottles of whisky.

B:是的,我带了两瓶酒。

A:You'll have to pay duty on this. Do you have any other baggage?

A:你必须为这项物品缴付税金。你还有其他行李吗?

B:Not any more.

B:没有了。

A:OK. Please give this declaration card to that officer at the exit.

A:好了!请将这张申报卡交给出口处的官员。

10.香烟和香水上税

A:Do I have any dutiable articles?

A:我有需要纳关税的物品吗?

B:Let me have a look.

B:我看看。

A:OK.

A:好的。

B:These cigarettes are dutiable.

B:这些香烟需要缴税。

A:What else?

A:还有呢?

B:What's in the box?

B:这盒子里的是什么?

A:It is a gift I bought for my wife.

A:那是我买给妻子的礼物。

B:Would you mind my opening it?

B:您介意我把它打开吗?

A:No.

A:不介意。

B:A bottle of perfume.

B:一瓶香水。

A:Yeah. My wife loves perfumes.

A:对,我妻子特喜欢香水。

B:I'm afraid that you have to pay duty on this, too.

B:恐怕您还得付关税。

A:OK. Then how much is it all together?

A:好吧。那我一共该付多少税?

B:Five dollars, please.

B:请付五美元。

A:Here you are.

A:给你钱。

11.法定物品免税

A:Do you have anything to declare?

A:您有物品需要申报吗?

B:No, I don't think so.

B:我认为没有。

A:Well, would you mind my opening this bag?

A:那您介意我打开这个袋子吗?

B:Of course not.

B:当然不介意。

A:What are these cameras for?

A:这些相机是做什么用的?

B:One is for my personal use, and the other one is intended to be a gift.

B:一台是我自己用的,另一台想作为礼物送人。

A:Each passenger is allowed one camera duty free. You'll have to pay duty on the other one. Are these three packs of cigarettes?

A:每位旅客只允许携带一台免税相机,因此您要为另一台缴税。这是三包香烟吗?

B:Yes. That's the legal limit.

B:嗯,那是法定数量。

A:You are right. Do you have any other luggage?

A:没错。您还有其他行李吗?

B:No, I don't.

B:没有了。

A:OK. Please give this declaration card to that officer.

A:好了。请将这张报关卡交给那位官员。

12.香烟上税

A:I've come to attend an international conference.

A:我是来参加一次国际会议的。

B:Would you mind coming over to have us identify your things?

B:请你过来让我们查看一下你的东西。

A:Here are the declaration forms. I don't think I have anything to declare.

A:这是申报单。我认为我没有什么需要申报的。

B:If you have, you'd better declare it.

B:如果你有,最好申报一下。

A:What should be declared in this country?

A:在贵国,哪些东西在申报之列?

B:You must declare anything you have which is new, or you got only recently.

B:你所带的新的或最近购买的东西必须申报。

A:I've got some presents and some cigarettes for my own use.

A:我带了些礼物和自用的香烟。

Checking Luggage检查行李

中西文化

航空公司必须检查乘客带到飞机上的物品。乘客在上飞机之前必须通过一个用来检查枪和炸弹的装置。另外,机场还要求周围有警察,以防出现劫机者或恐怖分子。

检查行李时要递上证件,如海关要求开箱检查,应立刻打开受检,不要迟疑。如果验关人员示意通过,也不要迟疑,立刻提起行李离开。

如果在行李中被发现有任何禁带物品,该禁带物品是要被当场没收的。此外,原本打包好的行李被弄得一团乱,我们不得不花点力气让东西归位。但有时运气好,也能快速通关。

典型对话

1.没收水果

A:Could you put that suitcase on the counter and open it, please? What's inside?

A:你能把行李箱放在柜台上打开看一下吗?里面装了什么?

B:A package of green tea and some apples.

B:一包绿茶和几个苹果。

A:Sorry, sir. You're not supposed to bring fresh fruits into America. I'm going to confiscate them.

A:对不起,先生。你不允许携带新鲜水果进入美国境内。我将没收它们。

B:Oh, that's too bad.

B:哦,那太糟了。

2.没收肉类物品

A:Do you have anything to declare?

A:你有物品要申报吗?

B:No. These are presents for my friends.

B:没有。这些都是带给我朋友的礼物。

A:I'm sorry. I'm afraid I have to open and check this suitcase, too. What are these?

A:对不起。我还是得打开箱子检查一下。这些是什么?

B:These are salt pork.

B:这些是腌猪肉。

A:Sorry, perishables are not allowed. I'll confiscate these things.

A:对不起。易腐烂的东西是不允许携带入境的。我将没收。

B:OK.

B:好的。

3.检查个人用品

A:Madam, is this your suitcase?

A:女士,这是你的箱子吗?

B:Yes. They are all my personal belongs.

B:是的。它们都是我的个人用品。

A:Do you have anything which is not allowed?

A:你有带违禁的物品吗?

B:No, nothing. All are my clothes.

B:没有。所有的都是我的衣服。

4.托运行李

A:Our luggage and passports have been examined. What do we do next?

A:我们的行李和护照都已检查过了。下一步该做什么?

B:You should go to the counter over there to have your luggage checked. Would you put your luggage on the counter? And your ticket, please.

B:你应该到那边柜台去办理行李托运。请你把行李放在柜台上,并把你的机票给我。

A:Here you are. Five pieces altogether. Must all the luggage be weighed?

A:在这里,一共五件。所有的行李都得过磅吗?

B:Yes, except the handbag.

B:是的,手提包除外。

A:Are they overweight?

A:超重了吗?

B:No, sir. Just below the limit. Your luggage is all right. It's not overweight.

B:没有,先生,刚好在限额以内。你的行李没问题,没有超重。

5.行李超重

A:It's 45 kilograms altogether. 25 kilos of excess luggage.

A:一共45公斤,超重25公斤。

B:Could you let me have some idea of the allowance for luggage?

B:你能告诉我旅客免费携带行李的限量是多少吗?

A:On international flights, the luggage allowance is 20 kilos for a first class passenger and 30 kilos for economy class.

A:在国际航线上,一等舱旅客可免费携带30公斤行李,经济舱可带20公斤行李。

B:So my luggage is overweight. How much do I have to pay?

B:这样我的行李超重了。应该付多少行李费?

A:Here's the bill. Would you pay at the desk over there?

A:这是单据,请你到那边办公桌付款。

B:I have been charged 20 dollars for excess luggage. I think I'm allowed to take this briefcase with me into the cabin.

B:我付了20美元的行李超重费。我想我可以随身携带这个公文包上机舱吧?

A:Yes, hand luggage may be carried on board without charge.Here's your boarding card. Please leave from Gate 2.

A:是的,各舱旅客都可以免费携带手提行李上飞机。这是你的登机卡,请从2号门登机。

Taking Luggage领取行李

中西文化

最怕在机场的行李认领处找不到自己的行李,看着行李传送带一圈一圈地转,同一航班的旅客纷纷领到自己的行李离开,剩你一个人还在等,焦急的心情真不好受,没办法,乘坐经济舱就是这样的啦,连登机都是最后。

国际机场很大,领行李时常容易找错转盘,有时航空公司也存在作业疏忽。找不到行李别紧张,可持登机证上的行李注册存根向航空公司查询,万一还是找不回来,则须填写报失单,并记下机场服务人员的姓名及电话,以备日后询问。

典型对话

1.询问取行李处

A:Where can I get my luggage?

A:我在哪儿能取到我的行李?

B:Go and ask the luggage clerk, please.

B:请询问行李员。

A:OK. Thanks.

A:好的,谢谢。

2.出示行李票

A:Here is my claim tag.

A:这是我的行李票。

B:Just wait a minute, please. You have two pieces of luggage.

B:请稍候。您有两件行李。

A:That's right.

A:没错。

3.代送行李

A:May I help you, sir?

A:先生,有什么可以为您效劳的吗?

B:Yes. Would you please carry my luggage?

B:嗯,请帮我拿行李好吗?

A:No problem.

A:没问题。

B:Please deliver my luggage to my hotel.

B:请将我的行李送到我住的酒店。

A:May I have the name of your hotel, please?

A:请告诉我您所住酒店的名称。

B:Yeah. It's the Hilton Hotel.

B:好的,是希尔顿酒店。

4.遗失行李(1)

A:We may have lost our luggage.

A:我们可能遗失了行李。

B:How many pieces of luggage have you lost?

B:你们总共遗失了几件行李?

A:Five? Oh, no. Six pieces altogether. Where can I report them?

A:五件?噢,不,总共是六件,应该去哪儿登记?

B:You can report them here.

B:您可以在这儿登记。

A:Ok. We'd like to make a lost luggage report.

A:好的。我们想填一份行李遗失登记表。

B:Wait a minute. Please fill out this form.

B:请稍候。请填好这份表格。

5.遗失行李(2)

A:I can't find my luggage.

A:我找不到我的行李。

B:Could you describe your luggage?

B:能描述一下您的行李吗?

A:It is a medium sized suitcase with my name tag, and it's gray.

A:是一个系有我姓名牌的中型灰色手提箱。

B:Please fill out his form.

B:请填好这张表格。

A:OK. How soon will you find my suitcase?

A:好。什么时候可以找到我的手提箱?

B:I am not sure, but we'll try to find it as soon as possible.

B:我也不确定,但我们会尽快找的。

A:OK. And please deliver it to my hotel as soon as you find it.

A:好。请你们一旦找到手提箱,就立即送到我入住的饭店。

B:May I have the name of your hotel, please?

B:能告诉我您所住酒店的名称吗?

A:Yeah. It's the Hilton Hotel.

A:好的。希尔顿酒店。

B:We'll deliver it to your hotel as soon as we find it.

B:我们一找到就立即给您送到酒店。

6.行李托运

A:Should I have my luggage labeled for Houston here?

A:我要把行李托运到休斯敦,是在这儿办理吗?

B:Yes. How many pieces of luggage are there?

B:是,有几件行李?

A:Three. They are all here.

A:三件,都在这里。

B:We'll have a look through them.

B:我们要检查一下。

A:Please.

A:请吧。

B:And you must have them weighed on the scale. Ah, there is an overweight of twenty kilos, but there is no charge for group traveling.

B:你得把它们过磅。噢,超重二十公斤。不过,团体旅行不收行李超重费。

A:That's very kind of you.

A:多谢关照。

B:And here are the tags for your traveling bags. It will be more convenient to claim your luggage with them.

B:给你行李标签。有了标签提取行李就方便得多。

A:Thanks.

A:谢谢。