书城外语英语PARTY——交际口语排练室
45659300000009

第9章 情景短剧欣赏(2)

你确定吗?

ANNA: Yes, I,m sure.

当然确定。

CARLO: Spell it.

把它拼出来。

ANNA: Apple.

Apple。

CARLO: Apple, apple. Spell “potato”.

Apple, apple, 把 potato (马铃薯) 拼出来。

ANNA: Potato.

Potato。

CARLO: And…

还有这个……

ANNA: Look! Isn,t that Atsuko, the woman in our class? let,s sit there. Hi, Atsuko. Where,s your husband?

你看! 那不是我们班上的明子吗? 我们坐那边吧。 明子你好,你的先生呢?

ATSUKO: He,s in line again. He,s hungry tonight.

他又去排队了, 他今天晚上很饿。

CARLO: How,s the food here?

这里的菜怎么样?

ATSUKO: It,s okay. The rice isn,t good, but the sandwiches are okay.

还可以, 这里的饭不好吃, 但是三明治还不错。

PEDRO: Are you writing letters again?

你又在写信了?

MIGUEL: Huh?

什么?

PEDRO: What are you doing?

你在做什么?

MIGUEL: I,m writing to my mother.

我在写信给我妈妈。

PEDRO: Send her my regards.

代我问候她。

MIGUEL: Where are you going? Isn,t that my new sweater?

你要去哪里? 那不是我的新毛衣吗?

PEDRO: Yes. I,m going to the movies with Marta, the Colombian girl on the fourth floor.

是. 我正要与四楼那位哥伦比亚女孩子玛它去看电影。

MIGUEL: You are? What about the woman in your office?

你真要去? 那, 你的公司那位小姐呢?

PEDRO: What about her?

她怎么样?

MIGUEL: Aren,t you seeing her tonight?

你今天晚上不是要去看她的吗?

PEDRO: No, tomorrow night.

不是, 是明天晚上。

MIGUEL: And… what,s her name, the girl in the bakery?

还有……面包店那个叫什么名字来着的女孩子?

PEDRO: Yolanda? I,m seeing her on Friday.

幼兰达? 我星期五要看她。

MIGUEL: Marta,s a nice girl.

玛它是个很善良的好女孩。

PEDRO: Who? Oh, Marta. Yes, she is, isn,t she? It,s her birthday next Sunday.

谁? 哦, 玛它。 是的, 她很善良可不是吗? 下星期天是她的生日。

MIGUEL: I know. April 22nd.

我知道, 是四月二十二号。

PEDRO: We,re going to a party.

我们将要参加一个宴会。

MIGUEL: Aren,t you going to the movies?

你们不是要去看电影吗?

PEDRO: Yes. Tonight Marta and I are going to the movies. Next week, on Marta,s birthday, we,re going to a party.

是啊! 我和玛它今天晚上要去看电影。 在下个礼拜玛它过生日时, 我将要参加宴会。

MIGUEL: Oh.

喔!

PEDRO: Marta isn,t going to the party.

玛它不参加聚会了。

MIGUEL: Oh? Why?

哦? 为什么?

PEDRO: She,s sick.

她生病了。

MIGUEL: Oh, I,m sorry. What,s wrong?

噢, 真可惜, 她怎么了?

PEDRO: A headache.

头痛。

MIGUEL: A headache?

头痛啊?

PEDRO: Yes, a headache.

对了, 头痛。

MIGUEL: Where are you going?

你要去哪?

PEDRO: To the party.

去参加聚会。

MIGUEL: You,re going alone?

你一个人去吗?

PEDRO: Sure. Are you writing to your mother again?

当然。 你又要写信给你妈妈?

MIGUEL: Yes.

是的。

PEDRO: Send her my regards. Well, I,m going. Goodbye.

请代我问候她。 好了, 我要走了, 再见。

MIGUEL: Bye. See you later.

回头见。

MARTA: Who is it?

那一位?

MIGUEL: Miguel. Pedro,s friend.

米盖尔, 佩德罗的朋友。

MARTA: What a surprise! Come in.

真想不到! 请进。

MIGUEL: Thank you. Here. Happy birthday.

谢谢。 这个给你, 祝你生日快乐。

MARTA: Oh, Miguel. They,re beautiful! Thank you.

米盖尔, 真漂亮, 谢谢你。

MIGUEL: I,m sorry about your headache.

听说你头痛, 我真替你难过。

MARTA: Headache? Oh, yes, my headache. I,m fine now, thank you.

头痛? 噢, 是的, 我是头痛, 但现在已经好了, 谢谢你。

MIGUEL: I,m glad. Let,s go to a movie, then.

我很高兴。 那么, 我们一起去看电影, 好不好?

MARTA: Miguel! What a good idea!

米盖尔! 那真是一个好主意!

BILL: Hello! Nora? Billy? Jack? Suzy? Peggy? I,m home!

喂! 诺拉?# 比利? 杰克? 苏西? 蓓姬? 我回来了!

NORA: Hi, dear. You,re home early.

嗨! 亲爱的, 你回来得很早嘛!

BILL: Hi, honey. Where were you?

嗨! 甜心, 你刚才在哪里?

NORA: I was in the bathroom.

我在洗手间。

BILL: Where are the kids?

孩子们到哪里去了?

NORA: Peggy,s at the library. Billy and Jack are at baseball practice.

蓓姬去图书馆, 比利和杰克练棒球去了。

BILL: And Suzy?

苏西呢?

NORA: She was here a few minutes ago. Maybe she,s in her room.

她刚刚还在这里, 也许在她的房里吧!

BILL: Gee, I,m tired.

唷, 好累。

NORA: How was your day?

今天怎么样?

BILL: Busy, but not bad.

很忙, 但是还不错。

BILLY AND JACK: Hi, Mom. Hi, Dad.

妈你好。 爸你好。

BILL: Hi, kids. How was baseball practice?

你们好, 棒球练得怎么样?

JACK: Great! I,m hungry, Mom.

非常好。 妈, 我肚子饿了。

BILLY: Jack, we weren,t great, and you know it.

杰克, 我们练得并不好, 你是知道的。

JACK: Maybe you weren,t.

或许你练得不好。

BILLY: Oh, I see. You were great, but the team wasn,t.

哦, 我懂了, 你练得非常好, 而全队不怎么好。

JACK: Right. Now you understand.

对了, 你现在才晓得。

BILLY: Jack, you are a…

杰克, 你这个人……

NORA: Dinner,s almost ready. About five more minutes.

再五分钟左右, 晚餐就好了。

BILL: When,s the big game?

什么时候大赛?

BILLY: Next Saturday. This was our last practice before the game.

下星期六。 这是我们比赛前的最后一次练习。

JACK: I,m hungry.

我肚子饿了。

BILLY: Hey, Jack. Let,s practice until dinner,s ready.

嗨, 杰克。 我们再去练, 练到吃晚餐为止。

JACK: OK. Superman. Let,s go.

好吧, 超人。 走吧!

ALI: Mama, I,m hungry. I want a hot dog.

妈, 我饿了, 我要吃热狗。

MRS. NIKZAD: Ali, be patient.

阿里, 不要急。

MR. NIKZAD: Now let,s see.

我们来看。

MR. NIKZAD: On this map there are three restaurants in the Plaza of Nations.

这张地图, 上面有三家餐馆在国家广场里。

MR. NIKZAD: Italian, French, and Spanish.

包括意大利风味、法国风味和西班牙风味。

MR. NIKZAD: How about Italian food for lunch?

午餐吃意大利菜怎么样?

ALI: But, Father, I want a hot dog!

但是, 爸, 我要吃热狗嘛!

MR. NIKZAD: Ali, be quiet. I,m talking to your mother.

阿里,别吵, 我在跟你妈说话。

MRS. NIKZAD: Dear, he,s only six.

亲爱的, 他才六岁嘛!

ALI: Look! An ice cream man! May I have an ice cream sandwich, please, please? I love ice cream sandwiches.

你看! 冰淇淋摊贩! 我可以吃冰淇淋三明治吗? 拜托! 我最喜欢吃冰淇淋三明治。

MR. NIKZAD: He,s impossible.

真是拿他没办法。

MRS. NIKZAD: He,s only a child.

他还小。

MR. NIKZAD: You may have your ice cream sandwich after lunch.

吃完午餐以后你才可以吃冰淇淋三明治。

MR. NIKZAD: Excuse me, sir. Can you help me? Where is the Italian restaurant?

对不起先生, 您能不能帮个忙? 请问意大利餐馆在哪儿?

BILL: It,s in the Italian Pavilion, over there. On the second floor.

就在那边的意大利馆里面。在二楼。

MR. NIKZAD: Thank you.

谢谢。

ALI: I can have an ice cream sandwich later, can,t I?

待会儿我可以吃冰淇淋三明治吗?

BILL: Of course, you can. After lunch.

当然可以, 但要在吃过午餐以后。

ALI: My name,s Ali.

我的名字叫阿里。

MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. The man is busy.

过来, 阿里, 这位先生很忙。

BILL: That,s OK. Where are you from, Ali?

没关系, 阿里, 你从哪儿来的?

ALI: Iran.

伊朗。

BILL: Really?

真的吗?

ALI: Yes. I can speak two languages.

嗯, 我会说两种语言。

BILL: Oh? Your English is very good.

哦? 你英文说得很好。

ALI: Yes.

嗯。

MR. NIKZAD: Come, Ali! The restaurant,s over here.

阿里,来, 餐馆就在这。

MRS. NIKZAD: Come along, Ali. Goodbye, sir. Thank you for your help.

快来, 阿里。 先生再见, 谢谢你的帮忙。

ALI: Byebye, ice cream man.

拜拜, 卖冰淇淋的先生。

BILL: Goodbye, Ali. See you after lunch.

阿里,再见, 午餐后再碰头。

WAITER: Here are your cocktails.

这是二位的鸡尾酒。

MR. CRAWFORD: Thank you.

谢谢。

WAITER: The sherry?

雪利酒是哪一位的?

MRS. CRAWFORD: For me, thank you.

我的, 谢谢。

WAITER: And the martini is for you, sir?

这杯马丁尼该是先生的吧?

MR. CRAWFORD: Yes, thank you.

是的, 谢谢。

WAITER: May I take your order now?

二位要不要点菜?

MR. CRAWFORD: Please.

好的。

WAITER: The lobster is very good today.

今天的龙虾很不错。

MR. CRAWFORD: Dear?

亲爱的, 怎么样?

MRS. CRAWFORD: Oh, a fruit salad, please.

噢, 请给我一客水果沙拉。

WAITER: Certainly. And you, sir?

好的。 先生您呢?

MR. CRAWFORD: The lobster, and a salad, please.

请来个龙虾和沙拉。

WAITER: Thank you. Wine, sir?

好的, 先生要不要叫一点葡萄酒?

MR. CRAWFORD: Wine, dear?

亲爱的, 要不要酒?

MRS. CRAWFORD: No, not for me.

不, 我不要。

MR. CRAWFORD: No, thank you.

不要, 谢谢。

WAITER: Very good, sir.

好的, 先生。

PAULO: Hey, Joana. Why aren,t you ready? It,s almost 7 o,clock!

嗨, 琼娜! 你怎么还没准备好? 快七点了!

JOANA: I,m sorry, Paulo. I,m not going. I have to study.

对不起, 保罗。 我不去了, 我要念书。

PAULO: But you can study later. Don,t you want to go?

念书可以待会儿再念, 你不想去吗?

JOANA: No, not really. I don,t like dinner parties.

嗯, 我不太想去, 我不喜欢宴会。

PAULO: But what can I tell the Crawfords?

那么我怎么跟郭佛夫妇说呢?

JOANA: Tell them I,m sick.

告诉他们说我不舒服。

PAULO: But you aren,t sick. Come on, Joana. I don,t like to lie.

可是你没有不舒服呀! 拜托, 琼娜, 我不喜欢撒谎。