书城外语英语PARTY——纯正口语对话室
45224200000013

第13章 休闲篇(2)

有,可是你要知道我电脑极差。我的一个朋友帮我弄的。

B: How often do you go to the internet?

你通常多长时间上网一次?

A: well,it depends.Basically,I go to the net every day.You know,check my emails and see what new movies are coming out .That stuff,you know.

那得看情况而定。基本上我每天都上,你知道的,查邮件,看看有什么新片子。那种东西你也知道的。

B: What,s your favorite web site?

你最喜欢什么网?

A: Westland dot com.

Westland . com。

B: What,s it about?

那是关于什么的?

A: Lots of stuff.Music,clothing,politics etc.

好多啊,音乐,服装,政治之类的东西。

B: Do you chat on the net?

你上网聊天吗?

A: No.It,s a waste of time. I know some foreigners do,they talk to people from abroad,but it,s boring.Nothing is real in there.

不,太费时间了,我知道有些老外爱和其他国家的人聊,可那挺没劲的,里面没真的。

B: I guess so.Well,tell me your email so that we can write to each other.

我想也是。好吧,告诉我你的邮件地址,我写信给你。

A: Ok.Here it is.LoveDrew1983@yahoo.com.Write to me.

好的,我的邮件是LoveDrew1983@yahoo.com.别忘了写信。

B: You bet.Bye bye.

当然,再见。

A: Bye.

再见。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]How often do you go to the internet?上网我们一般说成to go to the internet,但它还有另一种说法,叫Surf the net{网上冲浪}

[2]Does this computer have the internet?这台电脑能上网吗?这句话虽然未在对话中出现,但似乎很多人都组织不好语言表达这个意思。看这句话你会发现老外们总是喜欢用最简单的语言来表辞达意。

DVD大片见真情

A: Drew.You want the good news or the bad news?

Drew.想听好消息还是坏消息?

B: Well,bad news first.

还是先听坏的吧。

A: Well the bad news is I ruined one of your DVDs.

坏消息是我弄坏了你的一张DVD。

B: Oh,no.I hope it,s not XMEN .That,s my favorite movie.

噢,不。我希望不是X战警。那可是我最喜欢的电影了。

A: I,m sorry,but it is XMEN.

不好意思,就是那部片子。

B: Damn.What is the good news then?

见鬼。那好消息是什么?

A: The good news is the other 3 DVDs are Ok.

好消息是你借我的其他三张DVD都没事儿。

B: No,Joe.You can,t do this to me.What has happened to my DVD?

Joe,你不能这么对我。我的DVD怎么了?

A: You know,I was trying to watch XMEN last night.So I opened the case and tried to get it out.But all of a sudden,it fell on the floor.When I picked it up,I found there,s lots of dirt on it and my DVD player couldn,t read it.

你知道,昨晚我想看X战警来着。我打开盒盖儿,可突然那张盘就掉到地上去了。我捡起来一看,上面全是灰。我的机器读不了盘。

B: My XMEN. I just got it. I haven,t even seen it.

我的X战警啊。我刚买的,我还没看呢。

A: I,m sorry,I,m terribly sorry.You know,I,m gonna make it up to you.

实在抱歉。我会补给你的。

B: How?Giving me one of your shitty DVDs?

怎么补?给我一张你的烂片子?

A: No.Let,s go buy some DVDs tomorrow and I can buy an XMEN for you.

不,明天我们一起去买碟。我会给你买一张的。

B: Shake it off,buddy.You,re gonna buy me an XMEN? I won,t hold my breath.Remember last time. You said you would buy me 10 beers for my birthday.But you didn,t.

算了吧。你给我买X战警?我才不信呢。记得上次你说要给我生日买十瓶啤酒,结果你没买。

A: I really mean it this time.Trust me,will you?

这次是真的。相信我好不好?

B: What else could I do?

我还能怎么办呢?

A: All right. I,ll call you tomorrow morning.See if we can go together.

好吧。明天我打电话给你。看看是不是能一起去。

B: Ok.You are on.

就这么定了。

Attention Please(特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]shake it off口语中这句话表示“算了吧,忘了吧”相当于我们长说的Forget it。

[2]I won,t hold my breath.这句话的表面意思是我才不会憋气呢。因为憋时间长了会憋死,所以它的引申含义是“我才不信你的鬼话呢。”

[3]You,re on.又是一句让人摸不到头脑的话,它表示“就这么定了”。如果有人和你打赌,你就可以和他说“Ok.You are on.”。

适可而止谈嗜好

Student: What do you do for fun?

学生:平常干点什么呢?

Teacher: I for fun hang out with my friends and I drink with them once in a while.Chinese beer is good and cheap too.

老师:和朋友出去或是聚在一起喝酒,中国啤酒不错,也很便宜。

Student: How much can you drink?

学生:你能喝多少?

Teacher: Lots of. I remember I once drank 36 beer in one day.It,s really crazy. I threw up many times.

老师:很多。我记得有一次我一天之内喝36瓶,真疯狂,我吐了好多回。

Student: That,s a lot.

学生:喝得真多。

Teacher: Yeah, and I was so drunk that I broke my sink. I had to buy a new one .

老师:是的,我把水池都弄碎了,还得买个新的。

Student: Do you smoke?

学生:吸烟吗?

Teacher: I used to smoke 1 pack a day , but I,m trying to quit now. It,s so hard.You know.

老师:以前我一天一大包,现在想戒,你也知道,这挺难的。

Student: Yeah.Well,Drew,I really have to go now. It,s nice talking to you.

学生:是的,Drew,我得打住了,跟你聊挺好的。

Teacher: Me too.

老师:我也是。

Student: Byebye.

学生:就这样,再聊。

Teacher: Bye.

老师:再见。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1] hang out.这个短语有点像中国话“逛街”。在男孩女孩之间, hang out表示“约会”。

[2] threw up.吐的表示方法有好多种,像vomit, puke等都有这个意思。