书城文学泰戈尔诗集:世界上最遥远的距离
380800000006

第6章 飞鸟集 (6)

在我朦胧沉默的心里,似乎充满了蟋蟀的鸣唱

——那灰色的曙光之音。

The dim silence of my mind seems filled with crickets chirp

—he grey twilight of sound.

火箭啊,你对繁星的侮辱,又跟着你自己回到了地面。

Rockets, your insult to the stars follows yourself back to the earth.

您曾经引导着我,

穿过白天拥挤不堪的旅程,来到黄昏的落寞之境。

在夜的寂静里,我等待着它的意义。

Thou hast led me through

my crowded travels of the day to my evening’s loneliness.

I wait for its meaning through the stillness of the night.

生命如横越大海,我们都相聚在这小船上。

死时,我们便到了岸,各去各的世界。

This life is the crossing of a sea, where we meet in the same narrow ship.

In death we reach the shore and go to our different worlds.

真理之溪从它错误的河道里流过。

The stream of truth flows through its channels of mistakes.

今天,我的心想家了,在想着那横渡时间之海的甜蜜一刻。

My heart is homesick today for the one sweet hour across the sea of time.

鸟鸣是曙光返回大地的回声。

The bird-song is the echo of the morning light back from the earth.

晨光问金凤花道:“你是否不屑于和我亲吻?”

Are you too proud to kiss me? the morning light asks the buttercup.

小花问道:“太阳啊,我要怎样对你歌唱,怎样崇拜你呢?”

太阳回答:“只要用你简单而纯洁的沉默。”

How may I sing to thee and worship, O sun?asked the little flower.

By the simple silence of thy purity. answered the sun.

当人类是野兽时,他比野兽更糟糕。

Man is worse than an animal when he is an animal.

乌云被光明亲吻时,就成了天上的花朵。

Dark clouds become heaven’s flowers when kissed by light.

不要让剑刃嘲笑它剑柄的驽钝。

Let not the sword-blade mock its handle for being blunt.

夜的静谧,如一盏深沉的灯,

银河便是它燃起的灯光。

The night’s silence, like a deep lamp,

is burning with the light of its milky way.

死亡如大海无边的歌声,

日夜冲击着生命的阳光之岛的四周。

Around the sunny island of life swells day

and night death’s limitless song of the sea.

花瓣似的山峰在啜饮着日光,这山难道不像一朵花吗?

Is not this mountain like a flower, with its petals of hill, drinking the sunlight?

当“真实”的意思被曲解,本末被倒置时,它就成了“不真实”。

The real with its meaning read wrong and emphasis misplaced is the unreal

我的心啊,从世界的转动中寻找你的美吧,

就如那小舟拥有风与水的优雅一般。

Find your beauty, my heart, from the world’s movement,

like the boat that has the grace of the wind and the water.

眼睛不以视力而自豪,却因它们的眼镜而自豪。

The eyes are not proud of their sight but of their eyeglasses.

我住在我的小天地里,生怕它变得更小。

把我带到您的世界里去吧,让我开心地失去所有的自由。

I live in this little world of mine and am afraid to make it the least less.

Lift me into thy world and let me have the freedom gladly to lose my all.

虚伪永远不会因为生长在权力中而变成真实。

The false can never grow into truth by growing in power.

我的心,和着波浪拍岸的歌声,

渴望抚摸这个阳光灿烂的绿色世界。

My heart, with its lapping waves of song,

longs to caress this green world of the sunny day.

路旁的青草,爱那繁星吧,

那么你的梦将会在花瓣里实现。

Wayside grass, love the star,

then your dreams will come out in flowers.

让你的音乐如一把利剑,刺穿在市井中喧嚣的心吧。

Let your music, like a sword, pierce the noise of the market to its heart.

这树上颤动的叶子,如婴儿的手指,打动了我的心。

The trembling leaves of this tree touch my heart like the fingers of an infant child.

小花躺在尘埃中。

它寻找着蝴蝶走过的路。

The little flower lies in the dust.

It sought the path of the butterfly.

我在道路纵横的世界上。

夜来临,打开您的门,家的世界啊!

I am in the world of the roads.

The night comes, open thy gate, thou world of the home.

我已唱过了您的白昼之歌。

黄昏时,让我捧着您的灯,历经风雨飘摇的路程吧。

I have sung thy songs of the day.

In the evening let me carry thy lamp through the stormy path.

我不要求你来到我的屋里。

来到我无尽的孤寂里吧,我的爱人!

I do not ask thee into the house.

Come into my infinite loneliness, my lover!

死和生都属于生命。

举足落足都是在走路。

Death belongs to life as birth does.

The walk is in the raising of the foot as in the laying of it down.

我已明白你在花朵与阳光里低语的含义

——教我明白你在痛与死中的话语吧。

I have learnt the simple meaning of thy whispers in flowers and sunshine

— Teach me to know thy words in pain and death.

黑夜的花来迟了,当清晨亲吻她时,

她颤抖着,叹息着,凋零在地上。

The night’s flower was late when the morning kissed her,

she shivered and sighed and dropped to the ground.

在万物的哀愁里,我听到了“永恒母亲”的柔声细语。

Through the sadness of all things I hear the crooning of the Eternal Mother.

大地啊,到你岸上时,我是一个陌生人;住在你屋里时,我是一个旅客;离开你家门时,我是一个朋友。

I came to your shore as a stranger, I lived in your house as a guest, I leave your door as a friend, my earth.

当我去时,让我的思想靠近你,

像那落日的余晖,映在沉默的星空边缘。

Let my thoughts come to you, when I am gone,

like the after glow of sunset at the margin of starry silence.

在我心头点燃那休憩的黄昏之星吧,

然后让黑夜向我低语爱情。

Light in my heart the evening star of rest and then

let the night whisper to me of love.

我是黑暗中的孩子。

我从黑夜的被单里向您伸出双手,母亲。

I am a child in the dark.

I stretch my hands through the coverlet of night for thee, Mother.

白天的工作结束了。让我的脸躲在您的臂弯吧,母亲。

让我沉醉地入梦吧。

The day of work is done. Hide my face in your arms, Mother.

Let me dream.

聚会的灯光,亮了很久,散会时,灯瞬间熄了。

The lamp of meeting burns long, it goes out in a moment at the parting.

世界啊,当我死后,请在你的静谧中,为我留下“我曾经爱过了”这句话。

One word keep for me in thy silence, O world, when I am dead, I have loved.

我们热爱这个世界,才生活在这世上。

We live in this world when we love it.

让死者有不朽的声名,而让生者有不朽的爱恋。

Let the dead have the immortality of fame, but the living the immortality of love.

我看见你,

像半醒的婴儿在黎明的曙光里看见他的母亲一般,

微笑着睡去。

I have seen thee as the half-awakened child sees his mother in the dusk of the dawn and then smiles and sleeps again.

我要一次又一次地死去,

以此来明白生命是无穷无尽的。

I shall die again and again to know that life is inexhaustible.

当我和人群一同走在路上时,我看见您在阳台上微笑,

我哼着歌,忘却了所有的喧闹。

While I was passing with the crowd in the road

I saw thy smile from the balcony and I sang and forgot all noise.

爱就是充实的生命,一如盛满了酒的酒杯。

Love is life in its fullness like the cup with its wine.

他们点燃自己的灯,在自己的庙宇里,吟唱自己的歌。

但是鸟儿却在你的曙光中,唱着你的名字

——因为你的名字就是欢乐。

They light their own lamps and sing their own words in their temples.

But the birds sing thy name in thine own morning light,

for thy name is joy.

带我到您静谧的中心,让我的内心充满歌声吧。

Lead me in the centre of thy silence to fill my heart with songs.

让他们住在自己选择的焰火闪烁的世界里吧。

我的心希冀着您的繁星,我的上帝。