书城外语课外英语-生活办公英语(双语版)
46284100000012

第12章 购物用语(7)

Lily:Were sorry you have to leave.

Steven:Please excuse me,wont you?

Lily:Certainly.Come back soon.

(4)

Lily:Im glad to have met you.

Steven:Thank you.It was nice to have seen you.

Lily:I hope we can get together again.

Steven:Yes.Ill be looking forward to it.

(5)

Steven:I think I have to leave now.

Lily:Must you go soon?

Steven:Im afraid I really have to .

Lily:Well,it was fun to get together again.

Part Ⅳ

Apologies(句型篇)

I must apologize for not writing to you sooner.

我没有及早给你写信,真对不起。

Were sorry the things we shipped to your place were damaged.

很抱歉,我们运往你处的货物遭到了损坏。

What a pity I left it at home.

真糟糕,我把它忘在家里了。

Please accept my deep apologies.

请接受我真诚的歉意。

I must ask your pardon for my carelessness.

请宽恕我的粗心。

Im to blame.I should have thought of that.

都怪我,我应该想到这一点。

Actually I meant to notify you beforehand.

实际上我是想事先通知你的。

I must have caused you a lot of inconvenience.

我一定给你添了不少麻烦吧。

I didnt mean to get you so much involved in the matter.

我本不想让你这么深地卷入这件事中来。

Please forgive me.I didnt mean to start a fight.

请原谅,我本不想和你争吵。

We regret we are unable to accept your proposal.

很遗憾我们不能接受贵方的建议。

Ive got something to confess.Would you promise not to be angry,please?

我得向你坦白一件事,不过请你不要生气,好吗?

Something happened that you might not like.

出了一件事,也许你听了不会高兴的。

Id like to tell you something if youll promise to excuse me.

我想告诉你一件事,不过你得答应原谅我。

I was only trying to tell you what was on my mind.

我只是想如实告诉你我的想法。

Apologies(会话篇)

(1)

Lily:I owe you an apology,Mr.Steven.

Steven:What do you mean,Lily?

Lily:Im terribly sorry about the appointment last Thursday.I hope youll excuse me.

Steven:Forget it.Id have done exactly as you did if I had been in your situation.

Lily:Thats very kind of you to say so.

(2)

Eva:Sorry to be late.I was caught up in a traffic jam.Am I the last guest to arrive?

John:Yes,VIPs always are.So its quite all right.And youre a very important person at this party.

Eva:Oh,please dont!

John:I was just kidding.Weve been expecting you all this time!

(3)

Annie:Sorry to have kept you waiting,Eva.I was answering an overseas call.

Eva:Its alright.You must be a very busy general manager.

Annie:Well,I hope you werent bored while I was on the phone.

Eva:No.I was reading this new brochure of yours,you see.Im very much interested in your new product.

办公室场景会话

Part Ⅰ

A:Hello,Ms.Barkley.How are you?

A:嗨,巴克利女士。你好吗?

B:Fine,thank you,sir.Its nice to see you again.

B:我很好,谢谢你,先生。真高兴能再次见到你。

A:Good to see you again,too.Hows you family?

A:又见到你我也很高兴。你家人好吗?

B:Very well,thank you,Mr.Parker.

B:非常好,谢谢,帕克先生。

见到新雇员

A:Hi there!My names Terry Graham.Younew around here,huh?

A:嗨,你好。我叫泰利·格雷厄姆。你是新来的吧?

B:Yes.My names Mark Benson.I just started a couple of weeks ago.

B:是的。我叫马克·本森。我来这才两三个星期。

A:Well,if theres anything I can do for you,let me know.

A:哦,如果有什么我能帮忙的,请尽管开口。

B:Thanks,I appreciate that!

B:谢谢。

Part Ⅱ

(1)

A:Good morning,Miss.

A:早上好,小姐。

B:May I help you?

B:我能帮你忙吗?

A:Id like to see Mr.Miller,please.

A:我想见米勒先生。

B:May I have your name,please.

B:请问你叫什么名字?

(2)

A:Id like to see Mr.Smith.

A:我想见史密斯先生。

B:Do you have an appointment?

B:您预约了吗?

A:No,but I have something urgent to talk about with him.

A:没有,但我有急事要跟他谈。

B:Sorry,hes at a meeting now.

B:对不起,他正在开会。

(3)

A:Id like to see Mr.Lines,please.

A:我想见赖恩斯先生。

B:Would you give me your business card?

B:我看看您的名片好吗?

A:Sure.Here you are.

A:好,给你。

B:Thank you.Ill see if hes available now.

B:谢谢,我去看看他是否有空。

(4)

A:Good morning,Miss.Id like to see Mr.Johnson

A:早上好,小姐。我想见约翰逊先生。

B:May I have your name,please?

B:您叫什么名字?

A:My name is Bill Jones.

A:比尔·琼斯。

B:Mr.Johnson is expecting you.Ill tell him youre here.

B:约翰逊先生正在等您,我告诉他您到了。

(5)

A:Id like to see Mr.Johnson.

A:我想见约翰逊先生。

B:Do you have an appointment?

B:您预约了吗?

A:No.

A:没有。

B:Im sorry,Mr.Johnson has a full schedule this week.

B:对不起,约翰逊先生本周日程已排满。

(6)

A:Id like to see Mr.Cooper.

A:我想见库柏先生。

B:Sorry,Mr.Cooper is occupied at the moment.Could you please write a note to him on the matter you wish to see him about?

B:对不起,他现在正忙。您能否留下便条说明您有什么事要见他?

A:Sure.

A:可以。

(7)

A:Hello,this is Mr.Smith of Motorola Corporation.Is that Johnson Company?

A:您好,这是摩托罗拉公司,我是史密斯,请问您是约翰逊公司?

B:Yes.

B:是。

A:May I speak to Mr.Hans Miller,please?

A:我可以和汉斯·米勒讲话吗?

B:Sorry,hes been transferred to the New York Office.

B:对不起,他已调到纽约办事处去了。

(8)

A:Good morning,Miss.

A:早上好,小姐。

B:May I help you,sir?

B:有什么事吗,先生?

A:Do you have any vacancies for fulltime job?

A:你们有全日工作的空缺吗?

B:Yes,we need an accountant in our Finance Department.

B:是的,我们的财务部还缺一个会计。

(9)

A:Whatre your qualifications?Can you say something about yourself?

A:您的资历如何?您能介绍一下自己的情况吗?

B:Ive just got my Ph.D.in engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology,but I had worked for two years before I started to work on a doctors degree.

B:我刚从麻省理工学院获得工程学博士学位,在攻读博士以前我工作过两年。

A:Thats very good.

A:那很好。

(10)

A:Ive passed the tests for business skills in computer and shorthand.

A:我通过了计算机和速计的商业技能考试。

B:Thats impressive.

B:很不错。

A:I think Im quite fit for accounting work.

A:我觉得我非常适合会计工作。

B:Would you please fill in this form?

B:请填一下表好吗?

(11)

A:Whatre your qualifications?Can you say something about yourself?

A:您的资历如何?您能介绍一下自己的情况吗?

B:Ive just got my Ph.D.in engineering from Massachusetts Institute of Technology,but I had worked for two years before I started to work on a doctors degree.

B:我刚从麻省理工学院获得工程学博士学位,在攻读博士以前我工作过两年。

A:Thats very good.

A:那很好。

Part Ⅲ

Jack:Congratulate me,Lucy!Ive bought a house so I can marry my girlfriend this year.

杰克:露西,祝贺我吧!我买房子了,今年就能和我女朋友结婚啦!

Lucy:Cool!Congratulations!

露西:啊,恭喜你!

Jack:Now I must work harder and harder for my wholelife goal.

杰克:为了我的“终生目标”,我要更加努力地工作了。

Lucy:Wholelife goal?To give your girlfriend a happy life?A good man!

露西:“终生目标”?让你女朋友过幸福生活吗?真是个好男人!

Jack:No,I dont care that much.Im only thinking about paying back the house loan.Whats your goal,Lucy?

杰克:不是,我还没想那么多。我只是想还清买房的贷款。露西,你的目标是什么?

Lucy:I have three goals this year.Ill tell you one,to be more healthy and more beautiful.

杰克:今年,我有3个目标,我就告诉你一个吧——更健康,更漂亮。

办公室电话英语

Answering the Call接听电话

在公司接听电话时,一般要先报上自己的姓名与公司名称,比如:

This is Rita Chang of ABC Trading Company.

这里是ABC公司的天瑞塔·常。

或者也可以说:

ABC Trading Company.Can I help you?

ABC贸易公司,我能为你做些什么吗?

如果接听的是分机,要报上自己部门的名称,比如:

ABC Trading Company,Overseas Sales Department.Can I help you?

ABC贸易公司海外销售部。我能为你做些什么吗?

打电话一方听到这样的话后,要告诉对方自己想找的人:

Id like to speak to Mr.Brown,please.

麻烦一下,我想和Brown先生讲话。

或者告诉对方自己要转的分机号:

Could I have extension 321,please?

请转接分机321。

如果想转接某个部门,而非具体某个人时,可以说:

Id like to speak to someone in the Personnel Department.

我想和人事部的人讲话。

如果接听者即是打电话者要找的人,可以简单地回答:

Speaking.

我就是,请讲。