书城外语课外英语-生活办公英语(双语版)
46284100000014

第14章 购物用语(9)

B:Mr.Sun,Id like you to meet Mr.Johnathan Mitchell,sales manager for Nortern Reflections of Canada.(Sun extends hand first;Sun and Mitchell shake hands)Mr.Mitchell,Mr.Steven Sun,general manager of Apex Trading.

B:孙先生,让我为你介绍加拿大Northern Reflections的业务经理Jonathan Mitchell先生。(孙先生先伸出,两人握手)Mitchell先生,这是Steven孙先生,Apex贸易公司的总经理。

S:Its very nice to finally meet you,Mr.Mitchell?after so many phone calls and faxes.(offers his business card first)Id like you to have my business card.

S:多次电话、传真往返之后,非常高兴终于见到您,Mitchell先生(先递出名片),请收下我的名片。

J:Thanks very much,Mr.Sun.Please accept mine.(offers his own card)and please,call me Johnathan.(both look at cards for a few seconds,then put them in wallets—not pockets.)

J:谢谢您,孙先生。也请收下我的名片(递上自己的名片),叫我Johnathan就行了。(两个人都看了一下对方的名片,放入皮夹而非口袋中)

B:If you dont mind,Johnathan,while you and Mr.Sun get acquainted,Id like to check the arrangements for the meeting.

B:如果你不介意,Johnathan在你和孙先生互相认识时,我先失陪,看看会议安排得如何。

J:Youre certainly on top of things,Brian.

J:Brian,一切当然在你掌握之中!

S:(looking at Brian)Youll find Mr.Tayler—Brian is a force to be reckoned with at Apex Trading.

S:(看着Brian)Talyer先生,您会发现Brian是Apex贸易公司的大将。

B:Thanks for the vote of confidence,Mr.Sun.Ill be right back.(leaves room)

B:孙先生,谢谢你的信任票,我马上回来。(走出房间)

J:He appears to be a topnotch young man,Mr.Sun.Talent and enthusiasm like that are hard to find.

J:孙先生,他看起来是个有为的青年,难找到像他这样有才干、有热忱的人。

S:I know it.Hes doing a great job for us.And please,call me Steven.

S:我完全同意,他在公司表现不凡,请叫我Steven就行了。

J:Steven,can you tell me in a nutshell what the retail market is like here?

J:Steven,你可以简单地告诉我这零售市场的现况吗?

S:Well,as per capita income goes up and up,the growth sector seems to be in the upscale trend.

S:由于每人的平均收入不断地增高,市场的发展领域似乎偏向于高价位商品。

J:Retail is going upscale here?It is certainly growing more quickly than I had imagined.

J:此地的零售走入高价位了?这的发展比我想像得要快多了。

S:Yes.Things certainly have changed since I was a boy.Weve developed very quickly.

S:没错,现在和我小时候完全不一样了,这里发展得非常快速。

J:Do you think the trend will continue?

J:你想这种趋势还会维持下去吗?

S:I dont see why not.We do have some problems,but we are still willing to work hard—and wages arent too high at this point.

S:我不觉得有什么不行!虽然是有一些问题,但我们仍愿意勤奋工作,而且现阶段工资仍不算太高。

J:Everything Ive seen so far is very impressive.Very impressive indeed.

J:到目前为止,我所看到的一切都令我印象深刻,真的十分深刻。

How to Deal with Exigency如何应对紧急事务

1.事件:明天突然要去参加商务午餐。

困难:虽想积极展开交谈,但是没有聊天的话题。

方法和对策:看当天的新闻,了解当地的生活情况。

实践范例:

Is there anything new?

The New York Times this morning says...

2.事件:在会议中,必须发表有关新产品的介绍演讲。

困难:虽然事先拟了草稿,但在会议进行中,没有把握能讲的和草稿一样流畅。

方法和对策:把资料的要点前后连贯地写在纸上。每个项目要条理分明,这样别人才能听得懂。

实践范例:

Let me begin with...

I have three major points to discuss with you.

Are there any questions?

Thank you very much (for your attention).

3.事件:到机场去迎接客户。

困难:由于是第一天见面,不知道开始要说什么话。

方法和对策:深呼吸一下,然后以简单的寒暄和对方打招呼。记得要面带微笑。

实践范例:

Hello,Mr.C!

I suspect youre tired after a long flight.

Did you have a comfortable flight?

How to Explain for Leaving Reason如何用英语说明离职原因

正所谓好聚好散,即使你要辞职,也要以一种礼貌的方式向老板提出,说明离职原因。

My reason for leaving my present employment is that I am desirous of getting broader experience in trading.

本人离职的理由:希望在贸易方面,能获得更广泛的经验。

My reason for leaving the company is that I wish to get into the advertising business.

本人去职原因,是希望在广告业方面发展。

I am leaving our office to be with my mother and care for my aged mother in a distant city.

我为照顾住在远地的年老母亲,而申请辞职。

My reason for leaving my present employment is simple because I see no chance of advancement.

本人离职的理由是这样:本人深知无升迁的机会。

I am desirous of leaving the office in order to gain more experience in an exporters office.

本人希望在出口公司能获得更多的经验,故愿转职。

I am desirous of leaving the employment in order to improve my position and have more responsibility.

由于希望获得更高的职位负更多的责任,而离开现职。

I left them a fortnight ago,owing to a disagreement with the president Mr.Liu.

由于本人与董事长刘先生意见不合,两星期前去职。

I left the position with the desire of improving my position.

我为了找更高之职位,而请求去职。

I left the office on account of the discontinuance of the business.

由于所服务的公司解散,只好去职。

I left the company because I found a fulltime job after graduation.

毕业后因找到工作辞去兼职。

The only reason why I am leaving the present position is I want an object to better myself.

本人所准备离开目前的工作岗位,惟一理由是为谋求更高的职位。

Unfortunately I have had to leave my position,as my employers have been forced to liquidate their business due to the worldwide economic adversity.

很不幸地,本人不得不离职,因这一次世界性的经济不景气,使我的雇主不得不结束业务。

The only reason why I am leaving the present position is to gain more experience in a trading office.

本人之所以离开目前的工作岗位,惟一的理由是希望能在一家贸易公司获得更多的经验。

My reason for leaving the company is that I wish to get into the advertising business.

本人离职的原因是希望在广告业方面有所发展。

I left the office on account of the discontinuance of the business.

本人离职的原因,系因该公司即将倒闭。

I now wish to enter an office where the work requires greater individual responsibility and judgment than here,and where there is more opportunity for advancement.

目前,本人希望进入一家可以担负较大责任的公司,并希望能提供升迁机会。

One reason that I would like to be employed with your firm is that you are dealing with import and export trade.I would look forward to dealing with oversea companies and at the same time having a chance to use English more.

贵公司主要做进出口贸易是本人欲在贵公司工作的原因之一,我渴望能同外国公司做生意,并借机锻炼英文。