书城外语英语PARTY——纯正口语对话室
45224200000010

第10章 恋爱篇(2)

B: Not yet. I have been in China for just 3 months and it,s still summer now.

还没有。我刚来中国三个月,现在还是夏天呢。

A: What are you gonna buy her?

你打算给她买什么?

B: No idea. I,ll play it by ear.

不知道,到时候再说吧。

A: Okay,Drew.Thanks for telling me so much today.

谢了Drew。谢谢你告诉我这么多。

B: Any time.

随时效劳。

A: I,ll call you if I have other questions.

我有问题再给你打电话吧。

B: Catch you later.

回见。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]Valentine,s Day就是我们常说的情人节。人们过这个节是为了纪念Valentine牧师。如果把情人节说成Lovers, Day就出笑话了,因为lover是指第三者。那情人节就成了为第三者们准备的节日了。

[2]I,ll play it by ear.到时候再说。

真爱无敌纯少年

A: Drew,do you have a girlfriend?

你好,drew,有女朋友吗?

B: Yes,why?

有,怎么了?

A:Well, I came to know a girl 3 weeks ago and we have so much in common.

我三周前认识了一个女孩儿。我们有很多共同点。

B:So?

然后呢?

A: So I think I have fallen in love with her.

我想我是爱上她了。

B: You,re attracted to her,[chuckles]that sounds great,but how do you know that it,s a crush or it,s real love?

好有吸引力啊,[笑]听起来不错,不过你怎么知道那是一时冲动还是真爱?

A: Ok.Then what,s the difference between “\having\ a crush” and “falling in love”?

那这两者之间有什么分别吗?

B: That,s a big question.Well, if you,re in love, maybe you,ll take every opportunity to talk to her or telephone her for no reason.

这问题够大的,好吧,如果你真爱上她的话,你会抓住每个机会同她聊天,而且还没什么理由。

A: That,s what I did.

是这样的。

B: And you think about her all the time.

并且你一直都想着她。

A: Yes.

是的。

B: And maybe you suddenly have new interests.I mean you suddenly begin to do things that you used to avoid,如: You used to sleep in every morning, but because she jogs every morning,then you begin to like jogging.

还有你可能突然对新事物有了兴趣,我是说你突然开始做自己以前不做的事。比如说,你以前每天睡懒觉,可她每天跑步,然后你也开始喜欢跑步了。

A: That,s it.She likes dogs so much and now, I began to love dogs.

是的,她很喜欢狗,现在我也开始喜欢狗了。

B: Oh,man.Congratulations.Sounds like you,ve found your soul mate.

噢,哥们儿,恭喜你,听起来你好像找到了你的另一半儿了。

A:Thanks. But I know falling in love is one thing,while staying in love is another.

谢谢,可我也知道爱上谁是一码事,保持这种感情又是另一码事。

B: Yeah,that,s right.If you find this person is more and more important to you and you can totally trust her,then you stay in love.

是的,如果你这个人对你来说越来越重要,并且你能够完全信任她的话,那么,这种感情还没褪色。

A: Yeah.Falling in love is so good.

是的,爱的感觉真好。

B: While staying in love is even better.

保持感情更好。

Attention Please.特别提醒

[你可以请外教帮你训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]I think I have fallen in love with her.我想我是爱上她了。英语中表示爱某人的方法有很多。除了最长见的I love you之外I am head over heels in love with her.我彻底的爱上她了。I,m crazy about her.我对她十分着迷I am infatuated with her我为她神魂颠倒。

[2]crush的意思是迷恋,这与我们所说的爱可不一样。它通常指学生对老师或是影迷对影星的感情。他们常说的一句话就是:Did you have a cursh on her?你喜欢她吗?很多年轻人不喜欢长期的关系[longterm relationship]他们更喜欢去派对或是酒吧泡妞儿。

[3]soul mate, 虽然这个词译成精神伴侣,可实际生活中它相当于中国的“惟一”或是“志同道合”。英语里类似的表示方法还有a kindred spirit比如说Marco and Shadow are kindred spirits.Marco和Shadow是志同道合的一对儿。

爱情到底是什么

A: Jason, this could be a dump question.But that,s what I wanna talk today.

Jason,我的问题可能很傻,可那是我今天想聊的话题。

B: Don,t beat around the bush. What,s your question?

别拐弯抹角的。什么问题?

A: Well you know, when a boy dates a girl, do they have sex on their first date?

你知道当男孩约女孩时,他们是不是第一次见面就会发生关系。

B: [chuckles]No,Jack. It,s not always about sex.

[笑]不Jack,并不是那么回事儿。

A: But many movies…

可很多电影上面……

B: Those movies are not real life. Remember this. We don,t always jump into bed and have sex. A lot of people still like the courtship.

那些电影不是真实生活。记住这点。我们并非总是跳上床就发生关系。许多人仍然喜欢恋爱过程。

A: The what?

什么过程?

B: The courtship. That,s the whole dating period. Some people do not want to settle down. They like to play the field. But if the right person comes along,there,s a possibility of a lasting relationship forming.

恋爱过程,那是只整个的约会过程。有些人不想定下来,他们只想玩玩而已,不过要是有合适的人的话,他们也会谈持久的恋爱。

A: I was watching American Pie last night. I was told the movie was about real American life.

我昨晚看了美国派。别人告诉我说这片子讲的是美国的真实生活。

B: That movie is not bad. It,s exaggerated.

那部片子倒不赖,它有点夸张。

A: Oh,Drew. One more question.

Drew,还有一个问题。

B: What is it?

说吧。

A: What do you call those people who have two girlfriends at the same time?

那种同时有两个女朋友的人你们叫他们什么?

B: Playboys?

花花公子?

A: Not this word. I was looking for another word. You know a man promises to tow or more girls. He…

不是那个词。是另外一个词,你知道一个人同时向两个或好几个人许愿。他……

B: A twotimer. That must be the one you,re looking for.

用情不专。你肯定是在找这个词。

A: How do you spell that?

怎么写的?

B: T W O T I M E R.

T W O T I M E R。

A: Got it. Thanks, buddy.

知道了,谢了,哥们儿。

B: You bet.

没什么。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1] Don,t beat around the bush.别拐弯抹角的。老外们似乎不太会拐弯抹角,他们通常比较直接[straight],有时呢就显得有点冒失了[outspoken]。

[2]They like to play the field.他们不喜欢做出承诺。field的一个意思是阵地。Hold the field就是“守住阵地”。那play the field就是“不对…….做出承诺”。那种不喜欢承诺的人叫fieldplayer。