书城外语英语PARTY——纯正口语对话室
45224200000011

第11章 美食篇

垂涎欲滴话早餐

A: So,what do Canadians usually have for breakfast?

那么你们加拿大人早餐通常吃什么?

B: Well,breakfast is very important in Canada.We usually have lots of food in the morning.Take eggs for instance.We have fried eggs,boiled eggs,scrambled eggs and sunnysideup…

在加拿大,早饭可是件大事儿。我们早上通常会吃很多东西。那鸡蛋来说吧。我们有煎蛋,煮蛋,炒蛋和半熟的鸡蛋。

A: Hold on,please.What do you mean by sunnysideup?

等一下。你说的sunnysideup是什么意思?

B: Well,when you fry an egg,you just fry one side .So the other side is like a red sun.That,s sunnysideup.

就是当你煎鸡蛋时只煎一面。那样的话另一面就像个红太阳。那就是sunnysideup。

A: Interesting.And what else do you have?

有意思。你们还吃什么?

B: One very important thing is cereal.I often have cereal with maple syrup.

燕麦是很重要的早餐食品。我通常都是燕麦就枫树浆喝。

A: Dope.My mouth is watering.

不错。我都流口水了。

B: And we also have bacon or sausage.

还有咸肉和香肠呢。

A: Sounds tempting.Is that all?

真有食欲。就这些了吗?

B: No,far from it.We sometimes have pancakes or toast in the morning.

远不止呢。有时我们早上也吃饼或吐司。

A: Who cooks all the stuff in your family?

你们家早上谁做饭?

B: Me.Always me. I,m a good cook. I mean not very talented,just qualified. In Canada,I,ll cook for the whole family if I have time.

我做。我手艺不错。我是说我倒没那么有天分,不过还算合格。在加拿大,我有时间的话就会为全家人做饭。

A: I,m hungry now. I need to grab something to eat.

我饿了。我得去找点儿吃的来。

B: No hurry. Come over to my house. I,ll make you some French toast.

别急。到我这儿来吧。我给你做法国吐司吃。

A: What is it?

那是什么东西?

B: Come here and check it out by yourself.

来自己看吧。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]maple syrup是从枫树上提炼出来的一种东西。这可是加拿大的特产。在北京的加拿大人通常都会带上一瓶,以防自己不适应中国的饮食。

[2]My mouth is watering. water在这里是个动词,表示流口水。

[3]dope是个俚语词,表示“很棒”,和cool的意思差不多。作为名词,它还有大麻的意思。

零食小吃最美味

A: Hello,Modern English.

你好,洋话连篇。

B: Hello,is Drew there?

Hello,Drew在吗?

A: Allen,you can,t recognize my voice.

Allen,你听不出我的声音吗?

B: Well,did you lose your voice ?

噢,你失声了吗?

A: Kind of ,I smoked and drank too much last night.

有点儿,昨天晚上我抽烟喝酒过头了。

B: Sounds like I am talking to someone else.

听起来好像不是和你说话。

A: [chuckles]No big deal.What,s your question today?

[笑]没事儿。今天你的问题是什么?

B: I would like to know how to say those snacks in English?

我想知道那些零食用英语怎么说?

A: Oh,snacks,that,s interesting.I love snacks,but you should know Chinese snacks could be very different.

哦,零食,有意思。我喜欢零食,不过你应该知道中国的零食有点不一样。

B: What snacks do you like best?

你最喜欢什么零食?

A:Popcorn I guess. It,s like part of my life,you know whenver we go to the cinema in Canada ,we would buy popcorn and coke,that,s just wonderful.

爆米花,那是我生活的一部分。你知道,在加拿大,任何时候到电影院你都会买爆米花和可乐,棒极了。

B: What,s your favorite Chinese snack?

你最喜欢的中国零食是什么?

A: A lot.For example: raisins and kebabs…

很多。比如说:葡萄干和肉串……

B: What,s kebabs?

什么是kebabs?

A: Ahh!!!You don,t know that? It,s [slowly]羊肉串儿。

啊,你不知道?那是[慢慢地]羊肉串儿。

B: [chuckles]You know Chinese.

[笑]你懂汉语。

A:A little.Ok,come back to what we talked just now. I also like shrimp chips,but to tell you the truth,we don,t have that in Canada.

一点点。言归正传。我也喜欢虾条,不过说真的,那个加拿大可没有。

B: I can,t remember that much. How about we go shopping some day and you can teach me all about them?

我有点记不大清楚了。有时间我们一起去买东西的时候你教我吧?

A:No problem.

没问题。

B: Ok.Bye.

好的,再见。

A:Bye.

再见。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面的句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]零食是老外们最喜欢的食物之一,有太多种零食了。除了上面提到的,还有一些也很常见。像pistachio开心果,fortune cookie幸运饼干,chocolate sandwich巧克力夹心饼干,beef jerky牛肉干儿,sunfloweer seeds瓜子,fish jerky鱼片儿等。

[2]snack既可以用作动词也可以用作名词。It,s snack time.该吃零食了。I snack between meals.我吃饭之前会吃零食。

[3]popcorn and coke恐怕是老外们看电影时经常吃的零食了。

酒不醉人人自醉

D: [slowly and painfully] Modern Chinese…er…English, How can I help you?

[又慢又痛苦]中话……洋话连篇,您有什么事?

A: Drew, It,s Chris here. How are you feeling today, you were three sheets to the wind last night!

Drew,我是Chris。今天感觉怎么样?昨天你可真是喝多了!

D: I feel horrible, I never want to see another beer in my life. My head feels like it,s going to explode!!

糟糕透了,我都不想再见到啤酒了,头都要炸了!!

A: Me too. What are some other ways to say that you feel sick?

我也是,那么表示不舒服有哪些方法呢?

D: Well you could say, I feel really rotten.

你可以说我喝得烂醉如泥。

A: What if you are really sick and not just hung over?

要是你真的很难受好不了怎么办?

D: It depends if your body is sore or if you have the flu…

那要看情况了,是喝多了还是感冒了。

A: What does the flu mean?

Flu是什么意思?

D: It is when you have a headache and you feel like you are going to throw up. You also feel very cold and very hot!

就是你头疼,要吐,身体忽冷忽热的。

A: That sounds awful!

真吓人!

D: If you are sick you could say, I feel as sick as a dog.

如果你真的不好受的话,你可以说我病得像条狗一样。

A: What if I hurt myself playing football?

要是我踢球时受伤了该怎么说?

D: You could say a thing like my leg is killing me, or I really buggered up my ankle. If you have a cut,you could say my arm is going to fall off.

你应该说我的腿疼死了,或者我把脚扭了,如果你有伤口的话,你可以讲我胳膊要掉下来了。

A: Ok Drew, thanks. I think I will let you get back to live in a world of hurt。

谢谢,Drew,我想我还是让你接着难受吧。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1] You were three sheets to the wind last night! three sheets to the wind是表示喝醉的一种方法,sheets是床单的意思,像风中的床单?别误会,这只是比喻而已.

[2]I feel really rotten. rotten是腐烂的意思,这里同样是比喻,最佳的译法就是烂醉如泥了。

[3]I feel as sick as a dog.英语中这种说法有很多,像as blind as a bat,像蝙蝠一样瞎,as slow as a turtle….像乌龟一样慢等。

闲逛酒吧放轻松

A: Modern English.Is that Chris?

洋话连篇。你是Chris吗?

B: Drew, how did you know it was me?

Drew,你怎么知道是我?

A: I guess so. What can I do for you today?

我一想就是,今天想聊点什么?

B: I want to know if you want to go to the bar with me?

你想去泡吧吗?

A: Sure, what bar do you want to go to?

当然,你想去什么酒吧?

B: You choose, but make sure that they have some specials for cheap drinks. I don,t get paid till Friday, and I spent too much money at the football game!

你来选吧。但啤酒一定要便宜,我要到周五才开资呢。看球赛花了我太多钱了。

A: Sure no problem, should I organize a pubcrawl with all of our friends?

没问题,我用叫上其他人一起去吗?

B: Yeah, that would be great! I really feel like getting pissed tonight. Work is starting to be a drag and I really need to blow off some steam!!

那样更好,我想今晚一醉方休,工作太多了,我得释放一下压力!!

A: Ok then, should I grab a bottle of whiskey before we go out? It will save us some money because we can get loaded before and not spend so much money at the bar!

好,我用买点whiskey吗?那样会省点钱,我们可以先喝点酒,然后再去酒吧。

B: Great idea, should we set a meeting place before so we can all get together?

好主意。我们走之前要在哪碰一下吗?

A: Yeah, let,s all meet at my house for some quick drinks and then hit the town.

是的,到我家先喝一杯然后再进城。

B: Ok man, I will see you there; don,t forget to shower if you want to pick up some ladies.

好,一会儿见,要想泡妞的话可别忘了洗个澡。

A: All right, come over around seven O,clock.

好吧,七点来吧。

Attention Please (特别提醒)

[你可以请外教反复帮你模仿/训练下面句子/词组的正宗美式发音]

[1]pubcraowl是指一家酒吧,一家酒吧地逛。

[2]getting pissed这里表示喝醉,piss在英语中有很多意思,像尿尿就是take a piss。

[3]blow off some steam. steam是蒸汽的意思,那么释放蒸汽,自然就是释放压力了。